Sunday, December 2, 2018

Judy Chicago's The Dinner Party - Brooklyn Museum

        After I arrived to the Brooklyn museum , I remembered I visited there before but I never actually viewed the exhibition. This choice was a mistake on my part, the exhibitions were beautiful, I had a limited time to view the museum because of the time I got there, but what I did see fascinated me. The outside of the museum was the first attraction for me, it looked captivating. If I just randomly drove past this building I would definitely want to visit it. 




        The Dinner Party comprises of 39 Dinner plates, each representing a female artist and 999 names of other female artist inscribed on the base of which the tablet rests. Each of the 1,038 names belong to female artists. The Dinner Party could be consider the "Women Empowerment" dinner. Influential female artists from every corner, represented in one Exhibition; The dream of every feminist. The detailing of the dinner was absolutely breathtaking, every place setting was exquisitely designed to depict the representation of female genitalia in almost every one of the 39 dinner plates exhibited. Judy Chicago's table of legendary female artists did not settle well with male artists but this did not stop her from making her statement.

       
The Dinner Party - Judy Chicago
Image: Jada Amerally

My three favorite plates at the dinner party were the ones depicted below, I do not have a specific reason as to why these are my favorites but they were just captivating and colorful to me. The patterns had an attractive concept to them.

Sophia's dinner Plate - The Dinner Party

Saint Bridget's Plate - The Dinner Party
Sacajawea's Plate - The dinner Party 






No comments:

Post a Comment